Interview with Eve Langlais
Interview with Eve Langlais
Affaire de Coeur's
February Calendar Girl
Welcome Eve and thank you for chatting with us.
New York Times and USA Today Bestseller Eve Langlais is a Canadian author who loves to write hot romance. She likes to blame her twisted imagination on her sarcastic sense of humor which tends to heavily influence her stories.
- When you write, do you outline first, or are you a pantser?
Pants! When I write, I only have a vague idea that snowballs as I go. I like to let the characters drive the story and love it when they surprise me.
- What type of characters do you like to create?
At over 100 published titles, I can probably say all kinds, lol. From kick ass, to uncertain, all kinds of body shapes and attitudes, each new character tends to form their own personality.
- Tell us about your new book or series.
I am most excited in 2020 for my new Deviant Future series. Set after the apocalypse, it is a dystopian, action-packed romance meant for adults. No teenagers saving the world here. Each of the 6 books will follow a different couple and adventure that will slowly unfold a complex new world with hints of today, warped by tomorrow.
- What is your favorite passages/scenes in your current release or WIP?
I don’t want to give anything away, but what’s fascinating is how the heroine discovers her tiny worldview that is contained to a life in a dome is false. There is so much more to discover and experience outside her protected ecosphere.
- What motivates you for a perfect writing day?
Quiet! Nothing I like better than when hubby leaves for work and the kids are off to school. Then it’s just me, a coffee, the pets and my laptop.
- How/where do you get your plot ideas?
They hit me at random. Sometimes inspired by song, or current events. I never know what will inspire me.
- Did you need to do research for the story? And what kind of research did you need to do?
I didn’t do a ton of research because I wanted to create an original future. One that held elements of the psionic as humanity evolved-and nature mutated.
- What is your favorite thing about being an author?
I get to live inside new worlds every day.
- Is there a genre that you've been wanting to try writing?
High fantasy! I am dying to write some epic story.
- How many books do you currently have out on the market and what genres do they fall into?
Lots and lots of books. Because my interests are varied so are the topics. So we have Dystopian Romance, Paranormal, Science Fiction, Romantic Suspense and Urban Fantasy.
- Will you be attending any book signings or conventions?
Currently, I am attending Coastal Magic in Daytona February of 2020. But other than that, it will be a quiet year for conferences.
- Pass on some words of wisdom, please, to aspiring authors.
Sit down and finish it. Procrastination is your enemy.
Please give us the following contact information: