Spotlight On C A Szarek
C A Szarek Spotlight Interview
USA Today Bestselling, award winning author of romantic suspense, epic and historical fantasy romance, C.A. loves to dabble in different genres. If it's a good story, she'll write it, no matter where it seems to fit!
She's a hopeless romantic and always will be. Risking it all for Happily Ever After is what she lives by!
C.A. is originally from Ohio, but got to Texas as soon as she could. She's happily married and has a bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice.
She's always writing, and helps small business owners by writing their websites, and she loves it!
- How many different genres do you write?
I write many, LOL. Whatever interests me at the time. The genres I have published include epic and historical fantasy, and romantic suspense (which is contemporary romance as well, I guess). I also have a few series in the works that aren’t published (yet) including paranormal romance and perhaps a YA or two.
- Tell us about the type of characters you love to write about.
Strong women and alpha males. Flawed but lovable and sometimes funny and always sarcastic. I want them to feel as real to the reader as they do to me.
- Do you have a new book or series?
I do! Highland Essence (Highland Treasures Book Two) releases Oct 3, 2022 but is available for eBook and paperback right now! It is a Scottish Highlander Time Travel, and it’s the 2nd book in the spin-off series of my Highland Secrets Books. Basically I’m writing about the kids of the original couples, which is fun!
- Favorite quote?
- What do you do when you just don’t feel like writing?
Watch WAY too much TV!
- What do you like to read? Do you have a favorite genre?
Paranormal romance is always my go-to but I always love a good rom-com, too. I also ready just about every other sub-genre of romance, too.
- Do you have any comfort characters or characters that must go into your stories?
I don’t think so. Most of my characters introduce themselves with me and I find out more about them when I write about them, so they develop for me organically, and it keeps them (and writing) interesting.
- What do you do to go beyond your comfort zone when it comes to writing and life?
I really don’t. I’m a creature of habit, and not really all that exciting. LOL.
- Will you be attending any book signings or conventions?
Yes! I will be in San Diego, CA for HRR (Historical Romance Retreat) 9/28/22-10/2/22! I am so excited about it.
- What's something about you -- personality traits, habits, background, etc. that has been useful in your writing?
I am strong, smart, sassy and sarcastic. So that tends to appear in my heroines (go fig, LOL)
Please give us the following contact information:
Personal web page: www.caszarek.com